Shipping and labor costs are not included in the warranty. No exceptions!
Warranty Provided by JDM Engines Direct
- Used Replacement Engines - 90 Days (Unless otherwise indicated on the sales receipt).
- Used Performance Engines - 30 Days (Unless otherwise stated on the sales receipt).
- Mazda Rotary Engines (RX-7, RX-8, 13B, 13BRE, 13BT/13BTT/20B) - No Warranty
- Used Performance Transmissions – 30 Days (Unless otherwise specified on the sales receipt).
- Used Replacement Transmissions - 60 Days (Unless otherwise specified on the sales receipt).
- Parts sold as is!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON DEPOSITS
- Deposits on Engines, Transmissions, and Parts will hold the Item for 30 Days. After 30 days, JDM Engines Direct may choose to release the item from the hold if no further payments have been made.
- The Full Balance must be paid off within 30 Days from the Deposit Date. No refunds will be issued after the 30-day period. The buyer must pick up the item, or have the item shipped within 25 days of the full balance being paid.
ITEMS AND CONDITIONS COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY
- All internal engine parts including pistons, piston rings, piston pins, crankshaft, and main bearings, connecting rods and rod bearings, camshaft and camshaft bearings, timing chain and timing gears, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, seals, guides, oil pump, push rods, rocker arms, and shafts. The engine block, cylinder walls, and cylinder head are also warrantied to be free of deep cracks or distortions that would otherwise render the engine incapable of operating under the original manufacturer's intended use of the product. The same applies to all internal accessories listed above.
- JDM Engines Direct reserves the right to perform maintenance procedures including servicing and repairing their products prior to listing an item for public sale. This includes but is not limited to, using parts that are rebuilt, serviceable used parts or even exchanging the engine under the company's own discretion and determination if deemed necessary or otherwise detrimental to the original motor in its unmodified state.
ITEMS NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
- All external parts attached to the engines, e.g., intake and exhaust manifolds, carburetors, distributor, starter, emission control devices, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate, water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, oil pan, valve cover, sensors, electronic parts(distributor, wires, Computers, injectors, etc.), drive shafts, engine mounts, half shaft, turbo(s), etc.
- JDM Engines Direct reserves the right to refuse any claim regarding used motors that seize, lose critical amounts of compression, or suffer any other catastrophic failure during the warranty period due to negligence of the customer, or the customer’s mechanic. Used engines should always be monitored closely within the first 50 to 100 miles after installation to ensure that all components are functioning properly.
- If the engine was installed by a certified mechanic, it is the mechanic’s responsibility to ensure that the engine is in good condition before releasing the vehicle to the customer. Professional installation is always recommended. For all warranty claims on our engines or transmissions, we require a valid Mechanic’s report, although this cannot override our warranty terms and discretion. We encourage the mechanic to contact us with any questions during the installation if he or she is unfamiliar with installing JDM replacement motors. Failure to install an engine through a certified mechanic or registered professional medium may result in voiding the warranty at the discretion of JDM Engines Direct.
Defective Product Claim Procedure
In the unlikely event of a Head/Block/Transmission being defective, we will require the following to be emailed to us:
- JDM Engines Direct will require a detailed written description along with pictures and videos of the described defective part from a Certified Mechanic ONLY.
- A copy of the Mechanic’s certification along with his/her contact information must be provided. JDM Engines Direct will contact the Certified Mechanic to ensure that the documents are legitimate. The Certified Mechanic may not be the individual who bought the engine from JDM Engines Direct. You may email the required paperwork to email@example.com
- Once the required paperwork is emailed, we will make a decision on whether we will provide a refund for the damaged part(s) only or request for the engine/transmission to be returned for a replacement. Shipping charges nor labor are covered under warranty. You must return the defective engine/transmission completely with no parts missing. If parts are missing, those parts will be removed from the replacement engine/transmission prior to being shipped. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this warranty or any other type of questions, please feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at (862) 238 7600. JDM Engines Direct reserves the right to change or modify this warranty at any time without prior notice.